Friday, April 9, 2010

Yum Yum.... Eat Em Up

EASTER DESSERTS I HAVE EATEN

Cranberry Cheesecake
Double D Killer Chocolate Cake
Bobby Flay's Coconut Cake
Good Luck Made Up Coconut/Lime/Cherry Pie






Rachel's Contribution - Bobby Flay's Coconut Cake.
The best coconut cake I've ever eaten.


I like to cook. I hate to cook. Depends on what kind of mood I've got for the day. I've had to cook since I was 12, so yeah, I'm sick of it.
I got myself one of those fancy mixers that will knead dough because I was too lazy to knead it by hand. The first week I had it, I made oatmeal bread. Then I went on a craze of scones - yeah, like I need all that butter. Scones are only good the first day, and maybe the second. I like to put chopped dried cherries in them. that's killer.... so good. Then I tried out brioche - very good, but only on the first day.










Around holidays, I do cook. I'm a maniac in the kitchen. These days though, I have to be careful, as I often mess up the recipe, forgetting to add this or that. So it happens with the above pie. It started out as a coconut pudding with lime and using Coco Lopez. It came out perfect - until I tasted it. What did I forget? Did I write the recipe incorrectly? I'm too lazy to go back upstairs and google the recipe again, so I just think - ok, add some sugar, because it obviously it was not sweet. I added some sugar, but not too much thinking it might screw up the custard.
While I am waiting for the custard to cool, I think I might take some cream cheese and mix it with sugar and then fold it into the custard. It was awesome and tasted perfect. Topped with cherries ....... I could not wait to have a slice.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any, but I licked the top of the parchment paper that covered it.



No comments:

Post a Comment